Advanced Animation Framework (AAF)

Mods for download.

KayjayUK
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Advanced Animation Framework (AAF)

Post by KayjayUK »

To be honest I sympathise with all the posters who are commenting on the difficulty In finding the download link, I struggled too, first having to create a membership on Discord which is a total nightmare to use and then to find there was no download link but I needed to register on this site. That makes potential users of a fantastic mod join two sites unnecessarily. You say the downloading is the same as LL, well on there it's not always clear on how to download or in some cases which file to download because of changes to the mod but authors don't explain.
I certainly appreciate your hard work in producing the AAF mod, it's great and all credit to you but why not just put an open download link where its easy to see, Nexus do this perfectly, in fact as AAF is free and SFW why not just put a link on Nexus and have this site as a forum only for discussing the various aspects of AAF, it would make much more sense.
Thanks very much for your hard work on AAF, it's very much appreciated and it works great in my game.

dagoba_king
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dagoba_king »

KayjayUK wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:58 am

To be honest I sympathise with all the posters who are commenting on the difficulty In finding the download link, I struggled too, first having to create a membership on Discord which is a total nightmare to use and then to find there was no download link but I needed to register on this site.

Why did you have to first create a membership on Discord? The Discord server is available for support and community. But, it's not needed for downloading the mod.

You say the downloading is the same as LL, well on there it's not always clear on how to download or in some cases which file to download because of changes to the mod but authors don't explain.

In that regard, it's more clear. There is always only one download option for AAF here and it's the latest version.

I certainly appreciate your hard work in producing the AAF mod, it's great and all credit to you but why not just put an open download link where its easy to see, Nexus do this perfectly, in fact as AAF is free and SFW why not just put a link on Nexus and have this site as a forum only for discussing the various aspects of AAF, it would make much more sense.

Because without a registration requirement it's not possible to ensure a usage terms agreement.

I'm not comfortable with the hosting terms at Nexus. So, I prefer to host the download here and have Nexus as a forum only for discussing AAF if people want to do so there.

Mulliganplummer
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mulliganplummer »

Ok so I have an above-average PC 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700F @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHzwith AMD Raedeon RX 6700XT with 8 gig vram

My issue animation is taking forever to load and sometimes doesn't load at all. Is there a way to speed thing up, like in Skyrim SE

dagoba_king
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dagoba_king »

Mulliganplummer wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:16 pm

Ok so I have an above-average PC 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700F @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHzwith AMD Raedeon RX 6700XT with 8 gig vram

My issue animation is taking forever to load and sometimes doesn't load at all. Is there a way to speed thing up, like in Skyrim SE

This sounds more like an install troubleshooting question as I don't see any lag in my build.

bjams
Corporal
Corporal

Post by bjams »

I am getting an error message in-game when I aim/zoom (right click on mouse). A message on the left reads:

[023] *** AAF SYSTEM CRASH ***
[024] This XML file has bad formatting and could bot be parsed: AAF_actorTypeData_all.xml

What could have went wrong and how can I remedy it?

dagoba_king
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dagoba_king »

bjams wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:42 am

I am getting an error message in-game when I aim/zoom (right click on mouse). A message on the left reads:

[024] This XML file has bad formatting and could bot be parsed: AAF_actorTypeData_all.xml

What could have went wrong and how can I remedy it?

Sounds like a bad customization of that xml file.

lonewolfcavalry
Corporal
Corporal

Post by lonewolfcavalry »

I'm having problems with running the mod it will only load to 15 percent, I've tried everything including using the aaf data folder cleanup and running with just the mod (I had some failed attempt when trying to install the mod using nmm) is there something else I'm missing or am I just going to have to reinstalling fallout 4

dagoba_king
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dagoba_king »

lonewolfcavalry wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:16 am

I'm having problems with running the mod it will only load to 15 percent, I've tried everything including using the aaf data folder cleanup and running with just the mod (I had some failed attempt when trying to install the mod using nmm) is there something else I'm missing or am I just going to have to reinstalling fallout 4

Please post install issues like this on the AAF discord.

Slorm
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Slorm »

Many thanks for the update

VD235
Corporal
Corporal

Post by VD235 »

How do I actually DOWNLOAD Advanced Animation Framework (AAF)??? :confused:
I can find no link to a download file anywhere!