Mods for download.

Hanaxar
Sergeant
Sergeant

[FNV] Six Feet Under - 08.08.2021 - v1.1

Post by Hanaxar »

LAST UPDATE: 08.08.2021 (Version 1.1)

DESCRIPTION

This is a simple mod for digging graves and burying corpses... It's made for purely role-playing purposes to make a proper funeral to your passed away beloved NPCs. I hope you'll enjoy it.

FEATURES

You simply press a hotkey (it's B by default and configurable on MCM) while the corpse is under your crosshair, and that's all. An animation will play, and you'll bury the corpse.
Also there is an alternative method for burying: using an equipped shovel. But it's just for fun, things get bloody and messy after hitting a couple of corpses with a shovel. Default method is using a hotkey, you can change it on MCM.
You can bury creatures also if you want. That's disabled by default.
You can dig graves indoors, that's also disabled by default, no one wants to see a grave in the middle of Prospector Saloon. You can enable it on MCM if you want to bury a corpse in a cave for example.
Inventory of the buried corpse will be transferred to the grave (The grave is a "persistent" container actually). A small note: If the corpse has quest item(s), those will be transferred directly to you inventory to prevent breaking quests and some other technical issues.
You can interact graves with the hotkey (or with the alternative method):
- - You can write a note.
- - You can put a gravestone and rename the grave.
- - You can mark a grave on your map, so you'll find easily your passed away beloved ones.
- - You can destroy the grave. The contents will be removed from the game for good, so be careful. Marked graves can't be destroyed, so you have to unmark the grave first.
You can have a small karma reward for burying corpses. That's disabled by default and configurable on MCM.

REQUIREMENTS

Fallout New Vegas version 1.4.0.525
NVSE (You need version 5.0 or newer.)
JIP LN NVSE Plugin (You need version 55.00 or newer.)
The Mod Configuration Menu (MCM isn't a hard requirement but if you don't have MCM, you can't edit settings and you have to play it with default configuration.)

COMPATIBILITY

It's compatible with anything, and perfectly safe to uninstall or reinstall whenever you want. Just keep in mind that the graves are containers and when uninstalling they'll be gone forever with their contents. So get your precious items from the graves before uninstalling. But anyways who wants to uninstall this sweet mod, right?..

INSTALLATION

Use a modern mod manager like Mod Organizer 2 or Vortex; if you're manually installing mods (which I never recommend), just drop the files on your "...\Data\" folder.
If you're upgrading from a previous version, just overwrite the old files and run the game; the mod will handle the rest.

FINAL NOTES

Some technical info: Graves are presistent containers, they aren't affected by cell resets. And also certain amount of graves are premade and placed in a hidden cell so they aren't created dynamically and they won't bloat your game. The amount of graves are limited, when you reach the limit, the mod will recycle the graves and will remove the oldest one to put a new one. If a grave is marked, that one won't be recycled. Actually there are several hundreds of graves and pratically you won't be able to see the recycling effect. I don't suppose that anyone will bury every friggin' dead thing out there... And finally, buried deads aren't deleted from the game, they're just scaled down to 0 and the graphic engine stops rendering them, but they literally exist to be there like dark matter... So the respawning won't be affected at all. I tried to do my best to make the mod run smoothly.

THANKS

Dagobaking for Moddingham and for allowing me upload my mod here.
AnaCostia for everything she taught me, I couldn't do it without her.

CHANGELOG

Version 1.1 (08.08.2021)
Some code refactoring.
Added a small karma reward option configurable on MCM.
Fixed some keybinding issue when selecting "Defaults" on MCM.
Reorganized a little bit the MCM layout.

Version 1.0 (21.06.2021)
Initial release.

MY OTHER MODS

[FO4] String Patches for Full Dialogue Interface (Have your FDI compatible with the latest FO4 version)
[FO4] Purged Menu (Clean the main menu with this F4SE independent mod)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alien Ham
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: [FNV] Six Feet Under - 08.08.2021 - v1.1

Post by Alien Ham »

Nice idea. Really useful for roll playing...

Dzengrave
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Dzengrave »

It seems to only work on story characters. With names. Doesn't apply to common enemies?

Hanaxar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hanaxar »

Dzengrave wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:22 pm

It seems to only work on story characters. With names. Doesn't apply to common enemies?

It was working with every npc, animal or robot, couple of months ago. I have to check it, currently I don't have FalloutNV installed, I'll look into it soon.
If it's broken, it might be related to new NVSE. I'll check it and update the mod if necessary.

Dzengrave
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Dzengrave »

Hanaxar wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:50 pm

It was working with every npc, animal or robot, couple of months ago. I have to check it, currently I don't have FalloutNV installed, I'll look into it soon.
If it's broken, it might be related to new NVSE. I'll check it and update the mod if necessary.

Check it, please. NVSE version 6.2.4. The build is almost identical to Viva New Vegas. I started the game, in Goodsprings I killed Joe Cob and his gang, and I can bury only Joe. His body disappears. From the rest, graves appear, but their bodies remain.

EvilSurgeon
Corporal
Corporal

Post by EvilSurgeon »

Yeah, I second what Dzengrave said. Same exact thing happens to me too.

I'll bet money on it being xnvse 6.2.4. Anyway, just wanted to say I've been using your mod for the longest time and I love it. :twisted: