Post by applex9425 »

Thank you for uploading this!

Hobomaniac
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Advanced Animation Framework (AAF)

Post by Hobomaniac »

Hi,
By mistake I started a game with the old nexus version (161beta). Silly me, I didnt see there's an updated version of the mod here!

The problem now is I'd like to update the mod mid-game to its newest version (166beta) and I try to do it the SAFEST possible way.
And I'm really not familiar with the process. I've never updated a base mod like this one in the middle of a game.

1) Do I really have to clean my save by deleting all the records related to the AAF.esm ?
2) Or do I just overwrite everything with the new version and I'm good to go ?

PS : I tried the 2nd option by simply overwrite the mod and....it seems to work.... I'm just getting a message that AAF is correctly installed (again :biggrin: ). I didnt touch my save, but I can see that the new save has 9 new script instances (Actor Value), I suppose they're related to the new affinity system.. But I don't know if the other references have been updated (Keyword, Formlist, Quest....etc). I don't really know how it works.

Last edited by Hobomaniac on Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dagoba_king
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Advanced Animation Framework (AAF)

Post by dagoba_king »

It may work ok just to over-write. But, only way to be sure would be to clean save or start a new one.